Boss SY-1 Synthesizer Guitar Pedal
Journey to New Sonic Frontiers
With the SY-1, it’s never been easier to infuse your creative arsenal with BOSS’s legendary guitar synth technology. This amazingly expressive tool is filled with 121 ultra-responsive sounds, all distilled down into a BOSS compact pedal that slides easily into any setup. Best of all, it’s as simple to use as a standard stompbox, so you don’t need any background in synth programming to bring a new world of sonic textures to your music.
- Authentic BOSS polyphonic guitar synth in a compact pedal
- No special pickup required—play rich, dynamic synth tones with any guitar or bass
- 121 total sounds (11 types and 11 variations), all ready to play with no programming knowledge needed
- Includes a wide variety of analog-style synth sounds, from leads, basses, and layered organs to sweeping pads and arpeggiated sequences
- Latency-free performance for unrestricted musical expression
- Quickly adjust sounds to taste with Tone/Rate and Depth controls
- Hold function for playing normal guitar over sustained synth voices
- Blend synth and normal guitar sounds with independent level controls
- Parallel send/return loop for easy integration with other pedals on your board
- Mode switch optimizes the synth engine for guitar or bass
- Supports extended control with an external footswitch or expression pedal
SY-1 Sound Types
LEAD 1/2 - A wide range of sounds suitable for single-note soloing.
PAD - Full tones that work great with chords, from layered pads to synth brass and more.
BASS - Fat synth bass sounds, including filtered and sub-octave tones.
STR - Classic analog-style strings, including layered voices and sweeping textures.
ORGAN - A large selection of organ sounds, including many with rotary-style modulation.
BELL - Percussive synth sounds with metallic resonance.
SFX 1/2 - A variety of synth sound effects, including explosive one-shot sounds, animated pitch/filter voices, and more.
SEQ 1/2 - Pulsating sounds with rhythmic pitch or filter changes.
Nominal Input Level: INPUT, RETURN: -20 dBu
Input Impedance: INPUT, RETURN: 2.2 M ohms
Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT, SEND: -20 dBu
Output Impedance: OUTPUT, SEND: 1 k ohms
Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
Bypass: Buffered bypass
Indicator: CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
SEND jack: 1/4-inch phone type
RETURN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
EXP/CTL jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
DC IN jack
Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
Current Draw: 115 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 2 hours
*These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
Accessories: Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
Options (sold separately):
AC adaptor: PSA series
Dual footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
Expression pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.