Taylor 512ce Urban Ironbark Grand Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar w/ Deluxe Hardshell Brown Hard Case (S/N: 1209132145)
The 512ce is one of our first models to feature back and sides of solid Urban Ironbark, a dense, hard tonewood that yields a rich, sophisticated response with a deep low end and high-fidelity voice reminiscent of Indian rosewood, along with some of mahogany's midrange punch and focus. The Grand Concert 512ce pairs Urban Ironbark with a torrefied Sitka spruce top, lending a played-in character that makes for a warm, piano-like sound with remarkable balance across the tonal spectrum. With V-Class bracing inside, this compact acoustic-electric serves up room-filling projection and blooming sustain, offering a muscular quality that remains sensitive to a soft touch. Appointments include new Aerial inlays in Italian acrylic, a single-ring abalone rosette trimmed with maple and black purfling, and a tastefully subtle edgeburst. It ships with ES2 electronics in a deluxe hardshell guitar case.
Body Shape: Grand Concert
- A smaller-bodied guitar ideally suited for fingerstyle.
Back & Sides Wood: Urban Ironbark
- This tonewood from our urban wood initiative yields power, fidelity and depth for a supremely balanced, muscular sound.
Top Wood: Torrified Sitka Spruce
- The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
Electronics: Expression System® 2
- The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
- The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the body.
- Our patented V-Class bracing is a revolutionary new pattern — a new sonic engine — that marks a major shift away from traditional steel-string bracing patterns.
Scale Length: 24-7/8"
Bracing: V-Class Bracing
Tuners: Taylor Nickel
Strings: Phosphor Bronze Light
Body Width: 15"
Nut & Saddle: Black Tusq Nut, Micarta Saddle
Truss Rod Cover: Black Plastic
Number of Frets: 20
Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
Body Length: 19 1/2"
Body Depth: 4 3/8"
Binding Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
Back Config: 2-piece or 4-piece Simons Wedge
Rosette Size: Single Ring
Back/Side Finish: Gloss
Backstrap Wood: None
Stain/Sunburst: Blackwood Back & Sides / Tobacco Top
Top Finish: Gloss
Backstrap Finish: None
Bridge Inlay: None
Armrest Binding: None
Rosette Material: Abalone
Neck Width: 1-3/4"
Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
Heel Length: 3-1/4"
Fretboard Inlay: Aerial, Italian Acrylic, Faux Pearl
Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
Neck Finish: Satin
Peghead Finish: Gloss
Peghead Type: Standard
Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
Peghead Binding: None
Peghead Purfling: None
Peghead Inlay: Century
Bridge Pins: West African Crelicam Ebony
Fingerboard Ext: None
Edge Trim: None
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.